Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Good bye old friend...


I recently had to say good bye to an old friend of mine... my 1997 Honda Accord, my first new car. 1997, that means I'd been driving it around for 12 years - that's a long time. It was always good to me... but unfortunately, it wouldn't be able to say the same about me. Was it part of me being young and dumb? Or was it because I was being lazy? I think it had a little (or a lot) to do with both... once it got to the point where the Accord was starting to get beat up, I had no job to take care of it... once I did have the job, it was not a priority of mine... I figured, it runs so why fix it? This seems kind of silly, but I feel guilty because it was so good to me. That's why a part of me was so sad to see it go. When I was younger, I always thought I'd keep it forever... I remember my dad laughing at me saying that wouldn't be so... the rebellious teen in me thought otherwise, but he was right. I've learned many things with the Accord and I hope to be able to transfer that knowledge onto my next car.

Racing down the freeway against other idiots, three girlfriends, police encounters, friends, school trips, SF trips, car shows, car accidents, jobs, job interviews, auditions, rehearsals... this car has driven everyone - from friends, dates, family, girlfriends, non-friends, strangers... people who have all somehow contributed to my life... just as it has contributed to my life. I will miss you old friend and I'm sorry that I wasn't always able to be as good of a friend to you as you were to me... you've been there for me and I hope that I can treat my next car the way you deserved to be treated... I will do so Accord-ingly. Haha...

No comments:

Post a Comment