Thursday, February 26, 2009

Gym Rat

I ditched my Interpersonal Communications class and was extremely late to my Storytelling class today for an Intel audition in Santa Monica. There's not really much to blog about but I'll make an attempt anyway. The call was for a guy at the gym... so I wore my shorts and cut-off shirt (which is what I actually wear to the gym), showed up, handed over my head shots, was given a call number, went in and the dude took pictures of me with a dinky little digital camera.

Auditions like this are much appreciated because they're quick and easy... but I can't help but think about how weird they are too. I mean, I go in, they take these arbitrary photos of me, ask me to smile in them, and send me on my way... that's cool, but when I get there, there are a whole bunch of dudes dressed in gym clothes, just like me... well, some went all out with the muscle tees and such... and some are freakin buff (haha, laugh it up...) ... ... it was strange... I saw head shots that weren't really head shots... more like body shots with their shirts off... strange... I couldn't help but smirk as I was sent rushing back to CSULB in bumper to bumper traffic about how funny it is that this is what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment