Friday, February 20, 2009

A new adventure!!!

I'm currently learning how to build websites... very basic ones. Why the sudden interest in building websites? Well, I have recently come up with an idea for a semi-business and need a website. Hire someone you say? Well, building my own website will a) save me money b) give me the opportunity to learn something new c) it will allow me to make changes as needed instead of having to rely on someone else to do it and d) it certainly opens my eyes to what goes into building a website... something that is easily overlooked by us mere mortals.

Here's a screen shot of my first web page ever:


I know, it's not much... heck, the page itself says so... but there is some pretty interesting "markup's" that you use to get something as basic as what you see... then there's the second web page that I laid out... another daunting task for someone that has the worst luck with computers... here's what it looks like:

I'm only in the beginning steps of website building and I am already pretty excited. I can't wait until I start putting this stuff to use on my website and will be able to share it with the world!

Reading: 'Build Your Own Website The Right Way Using HTML & CSS' by Ian Lloyd

No comments:

Post a Comment