Saturday, January 31, 2009

People...

So I was at work today and I encountered one of the worst type of persons I have ever had the privilege of encountering. He was the type of guy that I would try not to judge as I walk pass him on the street, but I wouldn't be able to help myself. This dude wears the Ed Hardy type trash with his slightly tinted sunglasses and walks around like he's some big shot... only he's more like a wannabe Hispanic-American-Euro-Trash crossover that went terribly wrong.

I knew he was trouble the moment he sat down (sad to say)... this guy asks for a salted rim cup for his Corona... I inform him that we don't have a bar therefore we don't offer salted rim cups... so he asks me to make available all of the necessary accessories so he 'can do it himself'... SO, I save myself the hassle and salt the cup for his ass... no problemo...

I take this dudes order, he's unsure what the hell he wants, but it's cool... I gladly explain to him the ordering process and he orders for himself and the three kids that are with him. My bad... I forget to enter his order... so the food doesn't come out... my bad... it's about 10 or 15 minutes since his order... I frantically run over and apologize for the delay (of course I didn't tell him that I forgot to enter the order... I just tell him that the ticket didn't print out in the back...) the dude starts throwing attitude (which I can understand)... so I tell him that I will have the cooks rush his order and it will come up very shortly (it'd take the shrimp about 5 minutes to come out and about 7 - 10 minutes for the fried stuff to come out for his devil children)... he starts telling me he has to leave... so what did he want me to do? Lick his shoe? I kindly said that if he needed to leave, that I'd be happy to ring him up for his drinks and he can do so... dude flips out and says that I'm trying to put words into his mouth... he says he's hungry... well dude, you're the one that said you have to leave... so I gave him an attitude right back... dude was trying to get something for free... to make an already long story shorter... I end up putting aside my pride, buy the dude and his buddy each a beer... and for the rest of the time, the dude was still a complete dick. His kids made a mess (a mess!!!! How do you allow your kids to throw food all over the floor... literally) and he continued to bitch about this and that... I didn't expect much of a tip from him... he left like an 8% tip or something... which is fine, my bad...

The point? It's moments like these that teach me how to be a decent human being... I feel like I was raised in a family by parents and brothers and sisters who are good and considerate people... but ultimately, it's up to me to treat others accordingly... and moments like these help me appreciate good people in the world... Man, I wanted to tell that dude to shut the fuck up with his fake ass glasses... but it's cool... he contributed something to my life that I will be able to keep forever... and that's worth more than the $6 bucks that it cost for his beer and the $6 tip that he left.

No comments:

Post a Comment