Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm so Proust of you...

The Proust Questionnaire is a questionnaire about one's personality. Its name and modern popularity as a form of interview is owed to the responses given by the French writer Marcel Proust.
At the end of the nineteenth century, when Proust was still in his teens, he answered a questionnaire in an English-language Confession album belonging to his friend Antoinette, daughter of future President Felix Faure, entitled "An Album to Record Thoughts, Feelings, etc." At that time, it was a fad among English families to answer such a list of questions that revealed the tastes and aspirations of the taker.

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Having your family & friends be with you through the good/bad times... doing things that you enjoy doing... there's no such thing as perfect... happy things change from time to time... but family & friends are always on the list.

2. What is your greatest fear?
Losing members of my family & friends.

3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Procrastination

4. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Selfishness

5. Which living person do you most admire?
Those who chase their dreams

6. What is your greatest extravagance?
I'm too care free about my money

7. What is your current state of mind?
Inspired to finish school and chase my dreams

8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
All virtues can be overrated depending on how you apply them...

9. What is your favorite flower?
Don't have one... one's that smell good... I'll look into it

10. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
Nothing

11. Which living person do you most despise?
Those who are selfish, greedy, and egotistical

12. What is the quality you most like in a man?
Kindness

13. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
Kindness

14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Right now, 'What up'

15. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Family & Friends, acting, performing, motorcycling, learning

16. When and where were you happiest?
When I am around my Family & Friends

17. Which talent would you most like to have?
To be more disciplined about things

18. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To be more focused

19. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
So far, going back to school and working on finishing it

20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
Myself so I can learn more

21. Where would you most like to live?
Where people are kind to each other... I haven't traveled enough to be able to decide... but as long as the people around you are kind, then that's a good start.

22. What is your most treasured possession?
Material things do not matter... my Family & Friends... but they're not my possession... some come and go... perhaps the memories or lessons that I gain from each of them

23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
The experiences of those in the world who do not have the opportunities that each of us in this country are given... even then, many of them are able to pull themselves out of the so-called 'misery' and do wonderful things... so I'm unsure

24. What is your favorite occupation?
Acting

25. What is your most marked characteristic?
Friendly... I don't know

26. What do you most value in your friends?
Honor, loyalty, selflessness, kindness...

27. Who are your favorite writers?
Hmmm... those who write. I don't know a lot of writers by name... I just enjoy reading and taking things and applying them to my life...

28. Who is your hero of fiction?
Son Goku

29. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
We are all a part of history and I learn something new about myself through many different people I encounter...

30. Who are your heroes in real life?
My parents, selfless people, Valentino Rossi, people who try to make a difference in their own little ways

31. What are your favorite names?
Don't have any

32. What is it that you most dislike?
Selfishness, greed, egotism

33. What is your greatest regret?
Discovering that I actually want to finish school and learn something now instead of earlier.

34. How would you like to die?
Peacefully

35. What is your motto?
I have many... but one I always think of on a daily basis is, 'be kind'.

No comments:

Post a Comment