Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's Official

I am officially a college graduate!!! I never thought I'd see the day, especially since I actually planned not to finish college. It's a long story, but basically, I wasn't interested, nor did I believe that having a college degree was necessary. I spent some years trying to run my own clothing company, then I worked full-time (again) where I had the good fortune of meeting Tom Trobaugh. He planted the idea that college wasn't just about some stupid degree, rather, it was an opportunity to learn new things and possibly about the world around me. Not only that, but it was a life lesson in gaining discipline, getting organized, having the determination to finish, and so much more. It was crazy how simple he made it seem compared to the way I viewed it before. I decided to take one class during a semester, then two, then three, then the big decision had to be made. After some time contemplating whether I should quit and pursue school full-time and an acting career, I decided to make the "big leap" (for others in the acting world, the big leap was to move to Los Angeles... but since I was born here...). After 3 memorable, stressful, long, short, life changing years... I graduated with a degree in Communication Studies and a minor in Theater. I can admit that I am a better person for it. I feel like I know so much more about the world around me... or at least I want to know more about the world around me. I am now an advocate for finishing school if you want to. I now look forward to pursuing my acting career and having finished college... I feel like I can do anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment