Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Where now?

I just got home from taking (hopefully) the last final of my college "career!" I can't stop smiling. It's been a long time coming but the day has finally arrived. There's some paperwork I need to take care of with the community college I attended before and if everything goes smoothly (hence the hopefully), I will be officially done with school. What does it matter? I really don't know... a sense of accomplishment for me, I guess. Many years ago, I decided that college was not something for me and I focused my attention on running my business, Infrared. That didn't go so well and I found myself working at a full-time job in the motorcycle industry (Vance & Hines) which I quite enjoyed... not the office part, but the traveling across the country part. It's funny how things work out, because if I didn't get the job there, I would not have met my friend Tom who guided me into deciding to go back to finish school. It was tough because I had a good job at V&H and I was comfortable... but that's what I guess I didn't like, being comfortable. So I decided that acting and school was what I wanted... the life of having no money, total insecurity, no secure job... but that was exciting to me. Three years later, I'm done with school. I've learned a lot about myself and the world since I left to finish school... and I'm glad I did it. Now I can move on to work on my acting career. To some, it's an unrealistic dream... but I don't think so. There's something about not knowing that is exciting for me. I'm not trying to be famous, I just want to perform and have fun taking on different roles, different characters, being in different worlds... even if it's only for a few weeks. It beats sitting behind a desk for the next 50 years. Will I have a big house, fancy cars, and all sorts of "cool" material things to show for it? Perhaps not, but I feel like that's not what I'm here for. I'm here to learn about myself, the world around me, the world far from me, and everything in between. I've got some personal projects I want to work on and mostly, I look forward to performing. I hope to see you all there! I want to thank everyone who stuck by me from the bottom of my heart. I look forward to being with all of you for the rest of my life... you can count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment