Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Saving Paul

Went to audition for a guest star spot on the show, "Saving Grace." I thought it went pretty well even though I didn't get a callback. I got the sides late in the day before and had about a million other things due in school. I actually sat down and tried to analyze the scene (which a 'real' actor should always do - I'm learning!) the best that I could and I felt I had a good take on the character. The sides that were provided gave a good feel for the characters past so that helped a lot too.

Anyway, the day of the audition (which was early the next morning), I was relaxed and went in with confidence. Tried to keep things as simple as possible. Of course the casting director (as most do) didn't give me much to work off of, but it was a good thing I developed a solid past for him. Did the best that I could at an audition and walked out with a smile.

Like I said, I didn't get a callback and to be honest, I felt bummed... always do when it comes to roles that are actually on TV! But I gotta remind myself that many working actors today have been turned down and later on went on to do solid work so it's cool. I know I did the best I could in the time that I had with the lack of experience that I have. I look forward to finishing school and getting myself into some much needed acting classes. It's awesome to be getting into these kinds of auditions and that's a positive step forward... along with actually breaking down characters... work in progress baby... in the words of some of my favorite MotoGP stars, take the positives and move onto the next track!

No comments:

Post a Comment